- - Software Team
- Bay Area, CA, USA
- Full Time
Vapor IO is leading the next generation of cloud computing with an end-to-end platform for edge. The fundamental objective of Vapor IO is to combine expertise in software, hardware and real estate to deliver advanced, vertically integrated edge capabilities to a targeted global market of public and private cloud providers and large enterprises that run their own private clouds. These edge capabilities will help our customers deliver on an emerging class of mission-critical low-latency edge applications, including autonomous vehicles, AR/VR, IoT, and latency-sensitive mobile services.
The Principal Architect, Edge will lead the definition, design, demonstration and implementation of edge architectures at Vapor IO. This role will utilize expertise in both hardware and software technologies to develop complete end-to-end systems across all architecture domains for large internal / external customer initiatives. Additional responsibilities include partnering with the marketing, sales and leadership teams to advocate and explain edge computing use cases and technologies, as well as deeply understanding customer requirements, developing demonstrations of technology and PoCs, and providing assistance and direction to customers, partners and internal teams, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together.
The Principal Architect, Edge will not be expected to recruit and manage a full time staff, but will be expected to coordinate and lead cross-functional project teams to accomplish company objectives.
The Principal Architect, Edge will be expected to:
● Provide domain leadership in edge and cloud technologies
● Design high quality end-to-end architectures that solve customer problems and provide for commercial-grade operations and resilience.
● Develop a deep understanding of customer use cases, actual and imagined, and then articulate that understanding both internally and externally.
● Create high-fidelity demonstrations of edge architectures to excite team members, partners, customers, as well as press and analysts.
● Collaborate with engineering, business leadership, customers and partners to gain consensus around product roadmaps as well as develop edge architecture standards, policies and directions.
● Lead collaborative work teams to deliver architectural solutions, proofs-of-concept, demonstrations and on-the-ground customer implementations, ensuring representation from the all stakeholders in the design of end-to-end solutions.
● Be a Vapor IO product expert and provide thought leadership on cloud and edge computing, specifically in support of marketing and sales, such that the company's messaging resonates with customers and stakeholders, and is technically accurate.
● Participate in public speaking, press relations and analyst relations as a product and domain expert.
The Principal Architect, Edge will need the following broad skills:
● Technical Acumen – Strong domain knowledge of infrastructure components, container and virtualization technologies, middleware, and cloud services.
● Business Acumen – Ability to command the respect of not only technical peers, but also business management, partners and customers. Strong understanding of business requirements and processes as they related to cloud and edge architecture.
● General Management/Leadership – Recognized as a leader able to inspire others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction in the area of application and infrastructure architectures. Ability to build consensus and forge single-purpose commitment from others with disparate objectives.
● Interpersonal Relations – Builds consensus and leads cross-functional teams. Sells approaches through the power of ideas rather than mandates.
● Storytelling, Evangelism and Advocacy – Ability to work closely with the CEO and sales and marketing teams to develop messaging, ensure technical accuracy, and provide compelling stories, demonstrations and implementations that excites team members, partners and customers, as well as journalists and analysts.
The Principal Architect, Edge will also be required to have the following specific skills:
● Application design, development, and testing – strong understanding of software design, lifecycle management, techniques and tools.
● Strong working knowledge of modern software development languages including Java, Scala, Python, Bash, Go, and C++
● Ability to work with business people in a collaborative application design and development environment.
● Strong verbal and written business and technical communication skills.
● Real world expertise using modern cloud services (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure), operating systems, and key container and VM technologies.
● Solid understanding of data center architecture and operations in a highly virtualized or containerized environment, as well as on bare metal, leveraging a mixed environment of equipment including disparate servers, storage and networking infrastructures.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media