- Vapor IO - Operations
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Company Bonus Plan, Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group medical, dental and vision plans
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet. We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge connects the centralized cloud to the last mile network and enables a new class of local, real-time applications'including IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
As a Sites Projects Director, you will have responsibility for site selection, development and deployment to establish new markets for Vapor IO's Kinetic Edge.
You will use your deep understanding of managing large scale buildout projects to lead Vapor IO through an accelerated deployment schedule in 2019 and 2020. The ideal candidate will combine excellent program/project management, vendor/contracts management, product and business skills to make the projects run smoothly.
This role will work closely with the Director of Facilities and Customer Success to ensure handoff is effective and all elements of the operations are incorporated. This role will have a tight integration with Vapor IO's partners that plays an integral part to the sites project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifying, tracking, forecasting and managing the project budget, expenditures and communicating and resolving project issues.
- Proactively managing scope to ensure only what was agreed is delivered, unless changes are approved through scope management.
- Reviewing and management of contracts with accuracy and thorough attention to detail while following specific legal and client guidelines.
- Seek ways to provide cost-effective solutions that equal or better baseline needs/functionality.
- Establish and refine mass-deployment process.
- Managing the overall Project Plan to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget at the scope and quality identified in the project plan.
- Works with partners as needed to establish project-specific architectural/engineering standards and specifications; controls project schedules recommending changes or modifications as needed.
- Contribute in creating process, policy and troubleshooting documentation according to company standards.
- Traveling is a requirement to successfully execute projects.
- Performance reporting and measuring to assess how the project is progressing, whether deliverables produced are acceptable and taking corrective action to bring the project in line with the plan.
- 5 years + Experience managing, organizing and leading large complex IT projects with high risk.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of project managers and contractors.
- Experience working with business functions to document processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring the integrated master schedule for highly complex projects or multiple phases of a project.
- Knowledge required to ensure that integrated master schedule is followed and must be accountable for changes to the schedule.
- Ability to apply established program/project management frameworks for developing and managing budgets, risk assessment/mitigation, schedules, issues/actions tracking etc.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of datacenter and telco environments, processes and terminologies.
- Experience with counseling and advising senior level management and leadership regarding issues and risks, process re-engineering and technology issues.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media