Director of Customer Success
- Vapor IO - Customer Success
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Company Bonus Plan, Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group medical, dental and vision plans
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet. We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge connects the centralized cloud to the last mile network and enables a new class of local, real-time applications'including IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
The Director of Customer Success will be responsible for setting and driving the strategic direction for Vapor IO's Customer Success program to maximize customer adoption and satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and execute Customer Success strategy as the scales across multiple regions.
- Drive the strategic direction of customer support and technical account management; responsible for measuring, assessing and growing the organization to support a world class customer experience.
- Design and build an Enterprise Support offering.
- Establish performance metrics and seek continuous improvement.
- Build and drive follow-up process in response to customer feedback to make our customers more successful.
- Recruit, manage, develop and lead our highly collaborative and customer-focused team.
- Take high-level business goals and distill them down to customer success methods and metrics. Develop reports/dashboards that track progress, influence organizational behavior, drive forward-looking strategy, and identify operational gaps or areas of improvement.
- Provide guidance on organizational strategy, operational change management, performance scorecards and metric design. Establish reporting and KPI review cadence.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Product, Strategy and other key business units to ensure alignment of CS strategy and direction.
- Develop and implement scalable CS processes and integrated systems, providing a means for highly effective KPI/driver performance measurement, reporting and accurate forecasting.
- Analyze data to identify the highest value drivers to increase customer happiness, subsequently presenting findings and recommendations to leadership. Help lead the architecture, implementation and project management of recommendations.
- 10+ years of proven customer support operations leadership within a B2B software company.
- Strong customer support acumen with demonstrated ability to grow and scale a high-performing support team.
- Ability to quickly understand and speak articulately about technology.
- Proven track record of driving organizational change in a high-growth environment; exceptional structured communication style, both verbal and written, and ability to communicate vision to all levels.
- Experience developing and implementing scalable customer support processes and systems.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and customer-facing Salesforce Communities.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a proven track record of thinking "outside the box" to solve complicated problems.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analysis, process and critical thinking skills; able to draw insights from data, but also to make decisions based on imperfect data.