Technical Account Manager
- Vapor IO - Customer Success
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Company Bonus Plan, Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group medical, dental and vision plans
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet to enable a new class of where the existing cloud computing model relies almost entirely on remote, centralized data centers and best-effort network routing. Vapor IO enables a new class of hyper local, real-time applications'including real-time IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will work closely with our current and potential new customers, helping them through the on-boarding process and serve as an interface between the customer and the Vapor Kinetic Edge support infrastructure.
You will use your deep understanding of our portfolio of products to unlock business value for our customers and partners. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to create a world class customer experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The TAM is viewed by the customer as their Single Point of contact for all technical and account related activities post-sales.
- You will be the resident expert and trusted advisor for your clients and provide world class service, support and competitive technical solutions.
- As a liaison between our customers and technical staff, you flawlessly lead deployments, implementations and integrations of their infrastructure at the Kinetic Edge.
- Design, write and develop a scope of work for IT applications and hardware installations
- Facilitate meetings and strategic planning sessions with current clients in order to satisfy, retain and expand our account base.
- Establish influential executive and engineering relationships, identifying opportunities in your account base and uncovering customer needs and decision process to align solutions to make them successful.
- Conduct regular service meetings to build trust and communicate product enhancements, supportability plans and technical opportunities.
- Contribute in creating process, policy and troubleshooting documentation according to company standards.
- Obsessed with providing a great client experience.
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues in a client facing role.
- Exemplary communicator with excellent written and oral business communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with ability to work under deadlines and prioritize several complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical writing skills to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, bug management and training.
- Highly skilled in interacting with sales teams and technical stakeholders and translating complex requirements into appropriate solutions.
- Extensive IT managed services, IT Project engineer, sales experience, coupled with management in a technical field.
- An excellent understanding of general IT operations and service management.