Sales / Solutions Engineer
- Vapor IO - Sales Team
- Work from Home, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Company Bonus Plan, Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group medical, dental and vision plans
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet to enable a new class of where the existing cloud computing model relies almost entirely on remote, centralized data centers and best-effort network routing. Vapor IO enables a new class of hyper local, real-time applications'including real-time IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
The Lead Sales Engineer is accountable for technical sales support of IT Infrastructure Edge services including Edge data center/colocation, network and fiber connectivity,
You will use your deep understanding of our portfolio of products to unlock business value for our customers and partners. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to create a world class customer experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand client requirements and provide designs for Edge solutions
- Develop presentations related to our hosting and architectural design offering for customers and prospects during the bid process.
- Present proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship and effective communication
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for Edge-centric business clients.
- Provide technical pre-sales support by fielding technical questions from prospects and customers.
- Develop and provide technical training to the sales teams.
- Collaboratively work with the consulting team to complement customer solutions.
- Provide implementation guidance to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Provide technology consulting for internal contacts in Product Management and Marketing and translate prospective customer requirements into recommendations for new or enhanced products and features.
- Represent Vapor IO at industry conferences and Meet-Ups.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of sales process and command of the overall Edge Ecosystem (Cloud, MNO, Compute, Storage, Software).
- Understand data center space and power capabilities and environmental constraints on a client's outsourced infrastructure.
- Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in hosting and network service integration
- Demonstrated understanding of solutions in hosting, network, security, cloud / virtualization, application, storage, backup, consulting services.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Experience performing needs assessments and making recommendations based on the discovered needs.
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company.
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Make Persuasive Product/Solution Presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/MIS/Computer Science/Telecom or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Co-location Sales Engineer (managed hosting, Cloud, virtualization, Fiber provider), or related operational engineering role Additional
- Start Up experience preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media