Datacenter Technician Atlanta
- Vapor IO - Customer Success
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group medical, dental and vision plans
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet. We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge connects the centralized cloud to the last mile network and enables a new class of local, real-time applications'including IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
As a Datacenter Technician, you will work closely with Vapor IO's customers, partners and internal Customer Success team as the remote hands at our Vapor Edge Sites.
You will use your deep understanding of how the Vapor Edge Module and Kinetic Edge operate to support our customers infrastructure. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, can do attitude and a focus on customer service to ensure our customers get a great experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and contribute to the team leading efforts and projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of new and existing customer infrastructure at the Vapor Edge Sites.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure and racking systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Escort and monitor customers and outside contractors ensure they are abiding by facility work rules.
- Maintain ownership and end to end responsibility of scheduling and coordinating all onsite activates according to the project plan.
- Perform incident, problem, change functions according to company standards.
- Contribute in creating process, policy and troubleshooting documentation according to company standards.
- At least 3 years physical onsite Data Center experience supporting Data Center equipment and infrastructure (Power, Space, Cooling, Servers and Networking gear).
- Ability to evaluate all manufacturers' specifications for equipment new/old in order to assign placement in the Data Center.
- Knowledge of basic electrical requirements and conversions (i.e. Kilowatts, Amps, phases, etc.).
- Provide review for proposed solutions to validate requirements and identify potential faults/single points of failure.
- Quickly learn, adapt, and retain Data Center and Client specific information.
- This position has a physical component. Candidates should be able to safely lift 50lbs of hardware in cramped or elevated spaces.