Sr. Accounting Manager (With Promotion Track to Controller)
- Vapor IO - Administrative Team
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Company Bonus Plan, Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, Group Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Supplemental, 401K
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO plays a crucial role in re-architecting the internet to enable a new class of where the existing cloud computing model relies almost entirely on remote, centralized data centers and best-effort network routing. Vapor IO enables a new class of hyper local, real-time applications, including real-time IoT, mobile augmented reality, and autonomous driving. These applications need optimized connections to the last mile network and require compute and storage to be located more closely to the device or application. This is called infrastructure edge computing and Vapor IO is the leader in this category.
We build and operate data centers at the edge of the "last mile" network, presenting them as an interconnected fabric of remotely operated facilities we call the Kinetic Edge. The Kinetic Edge will be the largest system of edge colocation and interconnection, serving the world's largest wireless carriers, media companies, cloud providers, and web-scale companies. The company's Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking, delivering the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network.
Commitment to our employees
We provide our employees with an exciting work environment founded upon equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are at the core of what we do, bringing ever-evolving service offerings to our customers.
Vapor IO is searching for an exceptionally talented Senior Accounting Manager. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be the primary accounting staff and will be on track to be the future controller. They will be expected to spear-head the Company's financial reporting, ERP implementation and various special projects. This position will have one staff report for the immediate future and expected to increase with department growth. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
Who You Are:
You are a trusted business advisor with deep first-hand roots in accounting and finance. You have experience running the monthly close and the understanding of what is needed for both the business (operations) and for US GAAP compliance. You know how to use technical accounting tools to research new pronouncements. You have public accounting and/or experience assisting the controller. You have developed strong excel skills and the ability to work with hardware and software engineers in understanding the business. You enjoy developing great relationships with your internal customers and your department coworkers.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Monthly close process.
- Ensuring properly accounted transactions and supporting documentation for annual audit.
- Analysis and reporting of variances and fluctuations
- Operation as a finance interface between various departments
- Detailed management of fixed assets and inventory accounting.
- Ensuring the compliance with organizational policies by developing and maintaining respective processes and procedures
- ERP implementation experience preferred but not required.
- Oracle or NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
- Lease accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Desire to grow into a controller's role
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a Sr GL accounting/manager role or Big 4 Public Accounting background
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (there will be a test)
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media